Back at it Again

Coming back to college always feels a little weird. You’re excited to be back and see everyone again, but at the same time, it feels like summer went by way too fast. This time coming back was a little different for me because I moved into my first apartment, which made getting back to campus feel even more real.

I got here on Friday and moved into my apartment with my mom. After getting most of my stuff moved in, we went shopping in Lima to get everything I needed for the apartment. Somehow, we ended up spending a whopping $500 between Sam’s Club and Walmart. We came back to the apartment and started stocking everything up and organizing things. That’s when we realized that we hadn’t eaten all day. Since neither of us really felt like making food after moving everything in, I picked us up some Taco Bell. We ate, finished organizing some stuff, and then my mom headed home.

The next morning, I met my family in Tiffin to watch a soccer game that two of my friends were playing in. Both of them are friends of my brother and me, and we all played soccer together in high school. One of them went to Heidelberg, while the other went to Owens Community College to play soccer, and their schools happened to be playing each other that day. It ended up being a good game, with Heidelberg winning 2-0.

After the game, my family came back to Ohio Northern University (ONU) with me to check out my apartment. They thought it looked good, but they wanted to help spruce up my room a little bit. They helped me put up some posters and my ONU flag, which definitely made the room feel more like my own. After we finished with that, we decided we were hungry again. While discussing where we should go to eat, we realized that we had never been to Old Route 69. We decided to try it, but when we got there, there was an hour wait because of a bunch of reservations and low staff. We were already hungry, so we decided to go to Cooper’s instead.

We didn’t know that Cooper’s had been renovated, so we were pleasantly surprised when we got there. The food was good like usual, and it ended up being a good way to spend some more time with my family before they headed home. After they left, I went back to my apartment to get ready for the first day of classes.

Fast forward to today, and my classes have all been good so far. There are a few that are probably going to be rough, but that’s every semester. There’s not much work yet, which is nice, but my bigger concern right now is paying for all of these books. It seems like every semester the books somehow get more expensive.

Speaking of money, I also just had an interview at Taco Bell today. I think it went well, and I’m supposed to be getting a call soon. Hopefully they call to ask me when I can start, because I've got more than just books to pay for.

That’s pretty much all for now. It’s been a busy few days moving in and getting back in the swing of things. I’m still getting used to being back, but so far, the semester is off to a pretty good start. I'm going to enjoy it while I can because I know that pretty soon I'm going to be entering survival mode.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Social Media 101

Medina Madness Part Two

Medina Madness