Keeping it Chill

This weekend, I had a break from all the parties, and honestly, I did not mind it. Friday, I got back from classes around noon and had some downtime before I had to head to my girlfriend Katelynn’s house. I was able to get a good chunk of homework done, play some video games and finish a show before heading to Medina.

Instead of going straight to her house, I went to Master Pizza, where Katelynn was working until close. I got there around 9:30 p.m., and we talked while she finished making the last couple of pizzas and took care of her closing tasks. Once she was finished, she used some of the leftover dough from that day to make us my favorite pizza, barbecue chicken. I stopped to spend what felt like a bajillion dollars on gas before meeting her back at her house. We ate the pizza while watching YouTube and eventually went to bed.

The next morning, we got up and got ready to go see my brother’s soccer game in Cuyahoga Falls against Walsh Jesuit. Katelynn and I met my mom, dad and sister in downtown Cuyahoga Falls for lunch and some shopping. We ate at The Farmer’s Rail, where we had some delicious ribs, kielbasa, brisket and mac and cheese. After lunch, we checked out a couple of shops nearby.

There were a lot of antique and thrift stores that were cool to walk around, but we didn't find anything we wanted. We eventually found a store with a bunch of framed pictures of different music artists, bands, movies and TV shows from the 1980s to today. They were really cool, so we bought a couple as future gifts for some family members. We then went to another little shop filled with homemade products from local vendors. We didn't find much that we wanted, but the owner had her Dalmatian behind the counter, so of course we had to meet her. Since my family also has a Dalmatian, meeting her dog quickly turned into a bunch of stories about our dogs.

As awesome as the dog was, we eventually had to leave for my brother’s game. My brother and his team had a great game. They scored three goals while holding Walsh Jesuit scoreless for most of the game. Unfortunately, our coach subbed in several players who do not usually get much playing time, and it backfired. Walsh Jesuit scored two goals within minutes, so the starters were put back in to finish the game. In the end, my brother’s team won 3-2, so I can't complain too much.

After the game, we stayed and talked with my brother for a little bit before he got on the bus. Then we headed to Wendy’s for some victory Frostys. We hung out for about another hour before Katelynn and I said our goodbyes and headed back to Medina to meet up with some friends. Once we got back to Katelynn’s house, we changed before our friends Nick and Cam picked us up. We drove around, talked, laughed and just had a good time. We even stopped at Sheetz to get some food before they dropped us back off. We went to bed shortly after.

Sunday was probably the most relaxed day of the weekend. We literally did not leave the house all day. We slept in, got some homework done and watched almost an entire season of “Off Campus,” a show one of our friends recommended. Eventually, it was time for me to head back to campus.

I love going to the parties, but I honestly did not mind having a more chill weekend. I got to spend time with Katelynn, see my family, watch my brother play soccer, eat some good food and get some homework done. It was a nice change of pace from some of the crazier weekends I have had since coming back to school.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Social Media 101

Back at it Again

Medina Madness Part Two