Parties and Jet Skis
This past Friday, I went to another musical theater party, and the theme was black and glitter. After talking with my roommate, Alec, and another friend, Cam, we decided to go “concert black,” which meant wearing a black dress shirt and black pants. This would not have been an issue if I had remembered to pack all of my dress clothes when I moved back to campus. I realized last week while getting ready to leave for my trip to Davey Tree Expert Co. that I was missing a good chunk of my dress clothes, including my concert black outfit.
Because of this, I planned to drive an hour home after my class on Friday to pick up the rest of my dress clothes and some other things I had forgotten. What I was not expecting was to get into my car and have it not start. After waiting a couple of hours for Alec to get out of classes, the parking spots in front of my car were taken, so he could not jump it. Luckily, I have an amazing roommate who let me take his car home instead. I drove his car home, hung out with my family for a few hours and got ready for the party before grabbing the things I had forgotten and heading back to campus.
The party was a lot of fun, and Alec and I got back to the apartment pretty late. We ate something and then passed out. Saturday started pretty late, but eventually Alec and I met up with Cam and went shopping for a little bit. By the time we got back, I had to get ready to head to Medina, where my girlfriend, Katelynn, lives. One of her friends was throwing a 2000s-themed party, so I headed over to spend the night with her.
When I got to her house, I changed into some jeans, a long white-sleeve undershirt and a Spider-Man graphic T-shirt. I honestly did not really know what to wear, so that was the best I had. It ended up being another great party, and when Katelynn and I got home, we watched YouTube until we eventually passed out.
The next day started late again, but eventually we made our way to my family’s lake place on Lake Erie. We ate dinner and hung out with family for the rest of the night before heading back to my trailer to sleep. The next morning, everyone got up and went to my grandma’s for breakfast. After breakfast, everyone decided they wanted to ride the Jet Ski, and they all wanted me to drive. I went to the beach with Katelynn while my dad and uncle got the Jet Ski filled back up with gas and ready to go.
The water was extremely choppy, so the rides were pretty crazy. I took both my sister and my cousin out for a ride, and everything went pretty well. We hit a couple of waves that almost flung us off, but everything turned out fine and we had a lot of fun. I then came back and gave my younger cousin a ride. Everything was going well at first. We were jumping waves and getting splashed, but then we hit one wave that was a little different. As we came off the wave, the Jet Ski nosedived straight into another massive wave and basically waterboarded us. We rode around a little more before deciding it was probably time to come in.
We came back, had a late lunch and by then it was around 3 p.m. After we ate, I took Katelynn out on the Jet Ski, and we were going even faster than the last two rides. We had a blast, but eventually it was time to bring it back in. Since it was the end of summer, it was also time to take the Jet Ski back to the storage garage. Because I had been riding it, it was my job to get it onto the trailer while my dad and uncle got everything ready to take it back.
The water was still really choppy, and the jetty where we dock the Jet Ski was no different. This made getting it onto the trailer pretty difficult. On the third try, with some help from my uncle, we finally got it on perfectly. While my dad and uncle took the Jet Ski back, the rest of us got dressed and started packing everything up. When they returned, we were all ready to hit the road. We said our goodbyes and headed home.
I went back to Katelynn’s house to hang out for a little bit before eventually making the two-hour drive back to campus. It was definitely a long and busy weekend, but between the parties, spending time with my family and getting out on the water, it was one of those weekends that made the exhaustion worth it.
Comments
Post a Comment