Plans Change
Last Friday, the plan was to head straight home after classes to go to a Jon Pardi concert with my family. Unfortunately, I was not aware of my choir concert until the week of the Jon Pardi concert, and they just so happened to fall on the same date and time. I talked to my choir director, and he said there was not any flexibility when it came to concerts. I was not mad about it because that was what I expected, but I was definitely bummed because I was really excited for the concert and we had planned it during the summer.
Instead, after I got out of class Friday, I did not have much to do, so I decided to play some video games. I was getting kind of sick of the same couple of games, so I downloaded “Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag,” an action-adventure game set during the Golden Age of Piracy where you play as a pirate and explore the Caribbean. I played for a few hours before meeting with my Group Communications group to make our slides and assign everyone’s parts for our presentation Monday.
After that, I got ready for my choir concert and headed to Presser Hall. Both the University Singers and Chamber Singers did amazing, and although it was not the concert I originally planned to attend, I was still glad I got to be a part of it.
After the concert, I met up with my roommate, Alec, and some friends at one of our friends’ apartments. We watched “Hadestown,” ate snacks and played Roblox horror games. It was a super chill night, and I honestly loved it. Of course, it turned into another late night, which meant Saturday started pretty late.
I spent most of Saturday lounging around, playing video games, watching TV and catching up on some reading for my legal class. Eventually, Alec got back from rehearsal, and it was time to go out. We met up with our friend Cam and walked to a party. We had a lot of fun, and I even ran into a friend I had not seen in a while. After a couple of hours, a big group of us walked over to John & Toni’s, where we sang karaoke. We eventually ended the night at Sig Pi, where we hung out and played darts for a couple of hours before heading to the C-Store. Alec and I finally made it back to the apartment, turned on “Rick and Morty,” ate some chips and queso and went to bed.
Alec had invited me to go to Cedar Point with him, Cam and some other musical theater majors Sunday, but I had to say no because my Group Communications group wanted to meet again before our presentation. I figured we would meet up, go over everything and make sure our activities were ready to go. Instead, no one wanted to meet anymore, so I ended up missing out on a Cedar Point day for basically nothing.
Since I had the apartment to myself, I decided to at least make the most of it. I cleaned the whole place while watching football and the VMAs, so I felt a little productive. Luckily, our presentation Monday went smoothly, and we ended up getting a 93%.
I was having a pretty good week until today. I was supposed to go home after classes to get my haircut and hang out with my family, but my car is dead yet again. My keys would not even unlock it so I could pop the hood, so I am not really sure what I am going to do about that. My hair is also getting way too long, and it has been a pain having to do it every day. I know it is not that big of a deal, but it is just another thing adding stress to an already busy week.
Now I have a legal exam tomorrow, so I should probably stop writing this and go cram.
That sucks about Cedar Point! I was so jealous that they all had the time to go. Spelling Bee was in tech until about 11:00 p.m. that night, but their trip looked fun. Your week honestly sounds awesome, and I'm looking forward to something similar once Spelling Bee closes. Reading this reminds me how much I miss having free time. I didn't get to catch the choir concert because of rehearsal but I'm hoping to be at the next one!
ReplyDelete